C'kemi Familjen
Not much to report this week. Kind of in the MTC groove and the days are just counting down until we can get out of here and to the country. The food is getting pretty old too. What i'd do to be able to make whatever I want. Mom I'd cook every night of the week if I could! We only have 3 weeks left. 3 WEEKS! I can't believe I've been here that long. The language is good but I remember daily how much I still have to learn. They conjugate everything. Nouns and verbs. Nouns conjugate depending on first whether its masculine or feminine then if it's Nominative, accusative, or Genitive/Ablative/Dative. All of that only decides which line of conjugation you have to use. After all that it depends on whether its definite or indefinite singular or plural. So for the word Tempull it goes tempull tempulli tempullin tempullin. Then for nouns most of them are OJ verbs which means they end in oj so they have conjugations for i, you, he/she/it, we, you all, and they. oj, on, on, ojme, oni, ojne. Harroj, harron, harron, harrojme, harroni, harrojne. And that is just for present there is conjugations for simple past and imperfect past. So there's a little preview into why we're here for 9 weeks in case you were wondering. I know you all thought Albanian was a breeze but it's pretty tough. They do a lot of crazy stuff and say stuff different so if you say I Like that girl in Albanian you use the verb to please and say that girl pleases me. All sorts of fun stuff! My brain is just on Shqip mode all the time and is trying to collect as much as it can. I can't wait to get over there and be able to understand literally nothing! They talk so fast it's crazy. I love the language though. You guys are going to be amazed at how good I can speak in December!
Really not much going on here just the same old daily grind. The Hungarians started consecration week today which means they can only speak their language and have to translate for each other. They get their flight plans tomorrow and we start all of that next week. We'll all be out of here so soon it's crazy to think the old Finns left a couple of weeks ago. This place is such a time warp. I know what day and month it is but it doesn't really mean anything. I mark the days by Tuesdays, P-days, and Sundays. I think I have a family that reads these letters.... I love you all. Keep me in your prayers. You are in mine. Your favorite missionary in the mtc. Elder Szabo
the two finns we used to shoe with
Elder Greener
Greener searching for some sisters. It's been too long.
My companion and our old zone leader.




No comments:
Post a Comment