Monday, March 16, 2015

BANG! POW! SHAZAM! 2/100

My long lost relatives and friends. I have a couple things to write about this week. 2 BAPTISMS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA. We have been so blessed here. We had the wonderful opportunity to go down to Tirana for two baptisms. It was great and so great to be a tool in the Lord's hand in that process. We have seen so much success this transfer and I don't know what we've done to deserve it. A little travel log because it's interesting how travel is here and that we have to go 2 hours away for a baptism. We went down to Tirana by bus got there a little early everyone got suited up had the service which didn't go at all as planned and Elder Wilcox had to direct it because our Branch Pres didn't come down and the other Bishop didn't show up. Oh we had two baptisms and their was a Old nëna in First ward so we combined. Had the services and then walked back to the buses and it had filled up so it left already so we had to walk back to the frigons and get two of those because we had 13 people with us. I think I've explained a frigon but basically a guy buys a big van and people pay him money to take them to another city and that's usually how we travel. They don't run on schedules or anything you just show up to where the frigons are and once they is enough people they leave. It's 4 bucks one way to Tirana. It's very interesting but it's super normal here. It's just how people travel. Taxis, frigons, and buses. So anyways we found some frigons and headed back to Shkodër. It was such a great experience and I'm so great I could have the opportunity to take a small part in it. They were confirmed yesterday in sacrament meeting. Speaking of which we had 19 people which is good but we can do better. But the great thing is that with the two confirmees we had 8 members in church. 8. That is double the amount from the first time I walked into the chapel my first  Sunday here. Pak nga pak. We will be a ward in no time. That was my big news for this week. Oh and just to let you know Transfers happen in 2 and half weeks and they is almost a guaranteed chance I will be leaving Shkodër. I was born and raised here and am not excited to leave. This place is my home and my baby and great things are happening here. I hope I can stay here for another 6-15 months..... Guess we'll see what the Lord has in store for me. 
     Another note is we have been trying to have Branch Presidency meeting since Elder Wilcoxs and I are councilors because we need to get home teaching started here. We got a challenge from the stake that it needs to be instituted and we need to get all of our members callings so we've been trying to have that but our branch president is elusive. It's interesting how much you realize how important something is when you're trying to implement it for the first time and see it in it's baby stages. People in established wards do not treat home teaching like they should and it generally gets shrugged off and ITS DUMB. People need that spiritual touch in their homes and they need to know they have two worthy priesthood holders they can count on if they need something. It strengthens the home teachers the family and the ward. DO YOUR HOME TEACHING!!! I could go on one of my tirades but I will save it for when I get home. Oh and never thought your son would be in a branch presidency when he was 18 did you! haha. It's so interesting seeing the church at this stage and being so in charge of things when you're only 20 years old because we've grown up in the church and these people have been members for a couple years at max usually. Be grateful for your time and experience in the church and never take any calling or responsibility as a burden. Love serving the Lord and his church and don't complain. Be grateful for what you have! I love you all. If you're not reading your scriptures everyday and praying multiple times a day you're doing it wrong so fix it. 

     I gave a challenge last week that I think got over looked so I'm giving it again and I want feedback from people. EVERY ONE READING THIS I want you to set a date that you can have someone accept lessons from the missionaries. Pray about it. Set it with the Lord and go out and do everything you can to find that person or family. My companion did the math this week and if everyone starting from 1 person brought one person into the church every month we could baptize the entire city of 200,000 people in 17.1 months. Think about that for a little and remember that as a member you are a full time finder the missionaries are the full time teachers. GO FORTH and do member missionary work it's the best way to do it. I hope to receive a lot of emails over the next year hearing about peoples missionary experiences. Challenge accepted. Fulfill your responsibility people. It's the most important thing you can do with you life     
              Elder Szabo   

No comments:

Post a Comment