Things picked up a little this week but we still didn't have a ton of work. I guess I'll tell you about my first DM. I only had a couple days to plan it and I went in with a lot of scattered thoughts that i just pieced together so in my opinion it wasn't a very good training but i'm still feeling out my roll as District Leader and working my way in. It's a very different responsibility and i'm excited to see what happens and how I can help my District. It's also interesting because the Zone Leaders are in my district so they are under me my care but over me at the same time it's interesting. I'm grateful for the opportunity and have already learned a ton through study and just experience about qualities of a good leader. #kingbenjamin. We have one investigator right now. We've taught him twice and are going to his house tonight. He a 40 year old guy and he doesn't understand anything we teach him. He had to spend 15 minutes explaining why we get baptized and the importance of it and another 15 on what the book of Mormon is. So it's going a little slow. For some reason he really likes me so in the middle of the lessons he'll just lean over and kiss my cheeks or hands. It's interesting. Good stories if nothing else. But honestly not much happened this week.
The thing I want to write about is I had a pretty rough day this week and was just really sick of street contacting for the 80th time. I have had no work for the last work 7 weeks and it kind of wears on you. Don't worry i'm still as happy as ever but it just gets a little old. I went home that night and just thought a lot about missionary work and what i'm really doing here. I just don't want to be another cog in the missionary work clock punching in and out for two years just street contacting and tracting and baptizing a couple people then go home just to be replaced by another missionary. I know there are people that have had to contact more than I have and have had way less work on their missions but I really just want to make a difference here. I don't want to just do the same ol missionary work everyday and get very little accomplished. If that's what the Lord wants for me I will do it gladly but I feel there is a better way. I want to get the church's name out there I want to do some big service projects and get this church known here. I want to work with local government and get projects done in the community and really make a change here not just street contact for two years. I want to innovate and make a change. I want things to happen and to work in a more public way.... I know you're all just shaking your heads and laughing but really I just want to do something different and big here. I don't want to leave these two years saying that I did the same ol thing everyone else does. I know this is partially just my personality that hates mediocrity but I really want to make a difference here and do something big and different. I want to do some big service projects and change this place for the better. Maybe i'm shooting my sights too high and it's something i'll just have to do after my mission but I feel like why can't I do it right now. I want to become a missionary like the sons of Mosiah and Alma and they baptized 1000s maybe I won't baptize that many but I can have a huge impact on that many. "if you want to achieve a goal never before achieved you have to do things never before done." I want greatness in all I do and this is my life right now. I'm not settling for old street contacting and tracting. I will let you know how this goes. I'm having my transfer interview with President this week and I'm going to talk to him about it. That's all I really had to say this week. Not too much happened besides getting made a district leader and a new companion.... :) I love you all. Keep achieving greatness and improve your body mind and spirit everyday. Don't settle for less than your best. ELder Szabo
No comments:
Post a Comment