Monday, January 11, 2016

My body is like a microchip!

(Yet again if you want an explanation for that subject line ask Sam)
      Family!!! This weed was a good one... A little slow but overall good. On Wednesday we had our MLC. It was our second one together and it's crazy we've been together for that long. It was good nothing too special about it except that President committed us to read the book of mormon 1 month! So lots and lots of reading over the next month. The next day was our training which we were both very excited for. We have been thinking about it for a long time and a lot of ideas and discussions went into it over the last month. 
       
      Good thing I never had a fear of public speaking because I have to get up in front of 25 missionaries and President and the APs came this time. It went extremely well. It was just one of those things where you walk away and you know it went the way you wanted it to and the material was good.  It was titled "Real Rabbits" and we talked about getting real growth and real conversion in this mission not just baptizing people that fall away or are less active. It's a really big problem in the mission and since I've been here we've had a lot of baptisms but haven't really seen growth in the church. There is a lot of people that don't have a testimony. We talked about helping people keep commitments and be ready for membership in the church not just baptism. Baptism opens the door staying in the church gets you to the Celestial kingdom. It went really well and during the break we had in the middle  President came up to us and told us the impressions he had received about how missionary work is about preaching repentance not just baptizing people. When your mission president is getting revelation during your training you must be doing something right! We got pretty excited about that. 
       
       So that went well and then after President had to do Skerdi's baptismal interview (I got to translate for him) and half way through we realized that he had misunderstood one of the questions when we asked him and he didn't have any big problems like we thought so president didn't really need to do the interview but after he told me there's a reason for everything and it was really cool that president could meet Skerdi... and HE PASSED HIS INTERVIEW. Which means Skerdi Vecani will get baptized this Saturday! He is so prepared and we are pumped that he is getting baptized. A member will be baptizing him and I will be giving him the Holy Ghost. Baptism by fire baby!!! It's been about a year since my last baptism so this is a pretty big deal for me. It's been a pretty long since my last baptisms and they are both less active so.... As time goes on I think my mission is more to convert me then to find a ton of people to get baptized and confirmed. It's hard, it's long, and it's tiring sometimes but I learn through it all. I should probably stop praying for things that will help me to become a more Christlike person... Because they come! 

      Which brings me to this lovely Saturday and Sunday we just had... Long story short I got sick and pulled something in my chest so was in pain for two days and we tracted for 5 hours on Saturday night and 4 hours on Sunday night without a single lesson. Not 1. To say it was a long way to end the week is an understatement. With all that said it was great as usual and I feel like I was pretty upbeat and happy through it all. (my comp might tell you something else but in my defense it's not my fault I would randomly grunt in pain or sounded like a foghorn for two days!) It sucked and was long but everything is a learning experience. Don't worry I'm not perfect and complained through it and wasn't rainbows and unicorns the whole time but overall if there is anything I've learned on this mission it's the example of Nefi in that you can learn from anything and nothing is worth complaining about. This life is alllllll about overcoming adversary and opposition. That is literally the plan of God. Our progression is his life. The only way to know the good is to experience the bad. So next time something hard comes along don't think why me!!!??! but think how can I learn from this! and then use it to become more like Christ... and watch your entire outlook on life change. It's amazing what just turning your head can do. Are you looking at the mountain side or at the amazing view on the other side its all up to you!!! So choose this day and GO FORTH. Achieve greatness and be grateful for everything. *disclaimer... this only works if you are keeping the commandments and know you are in line with Gods will. I love you all. Have a fantastic week and smile! Life is beautiful. Elder Szabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment