Monday, April 4, 2016

Family History Rep and Male cheerleader. He's a mormon.

Family. This week just like the rest flew by.

     My new comp is from Rexburg Idaho. aka northern Utah. They have a temple, byui, and 95% mormon population. Elder Wilson... Turns out that his brother was the AP when Molly went home on her mission so they totally knew each other and now we are serving together and Ben works at the same school as his parents... Small small world. As you read in my subject line he was a male cheerleader and did a lot of family history work. He also did track and cross country. He's been on his mission for 6 months. He got trained then trained and now he's a zone leader so if that tells you anything about him. He is a stud. Amazing testimony and real desire to serve people and testify of Christ. As you're out here more it gets easier and easier to switch comps. It's pretty crazy that I was with someone for 24 hours a day for 4 1/2 months and then the next day gone and you're attached to someone else. Feels like a blur when it's over and kind of like it never happened. I'm really excited for the next little bit. He has a a lot of fire and likes sacrificing. I haven't had a companion in a while that likes sacrificing. He reminds me a lot of how I was when I was in his stage in the mission. We are going to be sacrificing a lot and working really hard.  A really good fire for the rest of my mission. I'm really excited and we are going to tear it up.  

      This week was driving and street contacting. KAQ. We had to drive to Tirana on Tuesday for transfers and were all over the city dropping people off and picking people up then went to the mission office and headed back to Fier... The next day we got a call from the APs asking us if we could meet them and spread out some fliers they forgot to give us for conference so we met them half way to Tirana and then had to go to Lushnje, Berat, Vlore, and back to Vlore. Then on Saturday on of the other elders had a doctors appointment and they aren't allowed to drive the makine so we did an exchange and I went with Elder Sadiku (one of the elders I lived with when we were 4 elders in 3rd ward.) so we drove to Tirana again and made it back just as conference was ending. So I spent a lot of time in the makine this week. A good welcome to south zone leadership for my comp. Who hasn't driven in 8 months and drove for the first time. He was a little rusty but got back into by the end of the night. 

     Conference this year was different. Usually they translate it and then we see it the next week but this year they live streamed it so we watched the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions live at 6-8 our time. I missed the Saturday session but apparently it was really really bad. The connection was terrible so it was choppy and you didn't get anything from it. On Sunday luckily it went smoothly. Only the songs would lag out and not come through. It wasn't the best set up because we had to have the tv in the sacrament hall and the speakers in the other room where the computer was so it was a little hard to hear but it went really well. It was a really good conference and i'm excited to listen to the rest/all of it throughout the week. I LOVE CONFERENCE. For a soapbox favorite go read my letter from the beginning of my mission right after conference... That was a real keeper. I've just gained a real testimony of what it ACTUALLY means that we have a living prophet and what a blessing it is that twice a year and throughout the year GOD speaks to us through his representative. WHAT. A. BLESSING. Our father and creator guides us back to him so often and it will be that way until the end. Please please please please take advantage of it. I don't care if you're catholic, muslim, or atheist there is something in that conference that will help you. Please continue to study and read them every day. Don't take the gospel for granted. I did for way too long. 

    Other than that we have been street contacting. Trying to build our area up. Lots and lots of driving and street contacting. Going out how I came in. Standing on the street with no work haha. I love you all. Have a great week! 

Elder Szabo






No comments:

Post a Comment