Ok onto the week.... Met with Gjergj once. Kaq.
Have a great week!!!
But really that was about our week. Gjergj is in testing season so he only comes for test right now and he only had one this past week so we had one lesson and he wasn't able to come to church because of financial things. Even though he couldn't make it to church we are confident he's going to be baptized on the date he decided on. July 2 and 3. If he makes it this will be the 3 transfer in a row that I end the last week with a baptism... I counted the other day and realized that from my first baptism to my second there was a 10 month period... and then the last couple months i've had one the last week of the transfer. Luckily we are going to beable to meet with Gjergj three times this week and he's going to have his interview on Friday. So keep him in your prayers. He is super awesome he just needs to come to church and be incorporated intot he ward better. Luckily we're going over to the bishops with him for FHE tonight so that is going to be awesome! It should be a good week. Other than Gjergj we have no one. Lots of street contacting but we have become super chill with each other so we make it fun and joke around a lot. We've stayed up a couple nights talking and last night we stayed up playing cards pretty late. Oh how things turn around after a couple months and you get comfortable with someone.
I learned a very valuable lesson this week. H O N E S T Y. I won't go into the whole thing but just some little things with how missionaries feel about members and they don't tell them but complain when we are with missionaries and then they told me about it and it just made me realize that we need to be more honest with people. A member read something on a blog of a missionary and he denied writing it and just some minor things like that but it made me think of my blog and what i've written and if everything I wrote i'd be ok with everyone reading it.... Hit me really hard I just need to be honest with people. We are need to be honest with everyone. Even if it might cause some problems or contention or confrontation it is the only way to effectively get over problems and it's the Lords way. You didn't see Jesus watch Peter do soemthing and then lean over to John and say Wow... Did you see the way he couldnt' heal that guy because of his lack of faith. No he straight up told him. Of course he had perfect love which we love but we can handle it with the spirit and it will all go over well. This isn't a pointing fingers rant it's a I need to take the beam out of my own eye. It was a big eye opener this week for me. It's amazing how much you can learn in two years especially the last couple months. God has been pouring lesson after lesson on me since I got here. Such a blessing being tutored and guided by my Heavenly Father. He hears my prayers and he hears yours. Council with him and council with others in honesty. It'll change your life and open your mind. Give it a try.
Other fun thing this week. After running around second hour to help a member get a video for her lesson for second hour i walked into preisthood and realized we didn't have a teacher so... What do I do go grab the books and start preparing to give the lesson.... So i get the howard w hunter books hand them out and ask what lesson it is... 16 I think someone says so I flip open and what does it say.... Marriage. The missionaries including the senior couple elder had some good jokes and then I proceeded to give an hour lesson on marriage. I don't bring this up to brag I can drop an hour lesson without notice or the fact that marriage is getting close for me i'm reminded enough by the other missionaries. but the point is I want you to ask yourself if you walked in to sunday school, sacrament meeting or any gospel class and they said there is no teacher would you be able to give a lesson? I'm no saying it has to be the most amazing sermon ever given since the one on the mount but just take an honest look at your discipleship and ask yourself if your gospel study and your prayers and your church attendance is being used effectively so you can be used as a tool in God's kingdom. Are you working everyday to build his kingdom and are you working on yourself and your life so that he can use you when he needs you. Physically and spiritually are you in a position to be called to service. What's holding you back? what do you need to improve? Think about it make some goals and improve your discipleship. Don't take a back seat approach to YOUR discipleship. Kick your driver out and start leading your path. Follow Christ with dilligence an be ready when called upon. GO FORWARD. Moral of the story... Are you prepared for whatever comes up in life. If not do something today so you'll be prepared tomorrow. Be progressing not digressing. Do something and act don't be acted upon. Get off your chair and do some push ups put the remote down and read some scriptures. Be useable in the hands our God.
You kids have a great week. Love Elder Szabo
No comments:
Post a Comment