Not to much happened this week just the usual grind. We had a couple lessons this week but the only a couple worth mentioning. The first one was with Noj. He's a nonactive who was baptized a couple years ago and hasn't been in a while and I've been trying to meet with him ever since I got here and he came to English course last week like I said and we met with him and had a lesson with him. We basically just talked and had a scripture prepared but we felt like we shouldn't share it we just talked about prayer and asked him if he would. He's just a super good guy. He's only 20 and he's normal. He would be a really good strength for the church here if we can get him coming back. He didn't come to church Sunday but we still have hope for him. The other lesson was with a couple we tracted into. He was leaving the first time we knocked on his door but he told us to come back so we did the time he told us to and he wasn't there but we called him and we set up another appointment and he was actually there. He's a 45 year old guy who actually just married for the second time and his old nene mother. It wasn't a great lesson but they just seem like they could be really open to what we have to teach if we can going with them.
The main thing that happened this week was church. We had 27 people in church! I had 9 when I first got here. Granted 11 of them were 12 and under from the sisters English course but still we filled the chapel and I can feel the growth coming. There are 27 SEATS IN THAT LITTLE CHAPEL AND ALL OF THEM WERE FILLED! It was so cool to see especially because we only had a couple when I first got here. We've really been pushing for a new building but the only that can happen is if we need it because we don't' have enough room so we've been trying to get people there. If we keep having weeks like that we can definitely start looking for a new building and I totally have a guy I can call to look for one. (Ya I can say I have a guy for that. This mission thing is pretty cool.) Our church is in a "Sketchy" part of town which we don't really think it is but people say it wouldn't be good to go there after dark. It's really not that bad it's just a little far from the center so people don't like it so moving it would have a plus of being closer to the center which would in turn get more people to come there and the growth would continue so we're really pushing for a new building. The other thing about church was my talk this week. As you all know I had to give a talk every other week and not that we have sisters it's once a month. So next time you get that call to get a talk don't complain and do it! Because I do it once a month and it's in Albanian but this week Elder Myers. Talk about him in a second. gave his talk and then Franc the member I've mentioned a couple times that's given us a couple referrals and is a super solid member for only being baptized for a couple months. He leaned over to during his talk and said can I share a few words and I was like usually missionaries do it because they've prepared something but I looked at Elder Wilcox and he talked to President Kraja about it really quick and he gave me the thumbs up and I told Franc so he went up after the song and I thought he was going to speak for 5 minutes then be done but he spoke for about 20 and then we ended sacrament meeting so I didn't get to give my talk this week but it was just funny because he just leaned over and asked and hadn't even prepared anything. He's a super solid member and has a lot to learn but it was just funny and cool to see so I got out of my talk for this week.
Ok so Elder Myers. Elder Austin who was here with Elder Wilcox switched places with Elder Myers because Elder Myers got Emergency Transferred because of girl problems. Elder Austin got the call Wednesday night and he left Thursday morning. So we have Elder Myers here now. It was crazy and unexpected. So not only was that crazy but Sunday we were in our house doing language study and Elder Wilcox called and said Elder Myers had gone into shock and wasn't responding so come over so we can give him a blessing. So we ran over there and he was convulsing and not responding so we gave him a blessing and luckily Elder Wilcox had gone through the same Emt course that I did so he was cool under pressure and was handling the situation. He was a really good comp to have at time. But another comp was called and we figured it might be low blood sugar which makes sense because he eats terribly and doesn't eat very much but we got him stabilized and he was a responding a little and his eyes were open. We were keeping him warm and getting him juice when he would drink it and after a few calls got told they needed to go to Tirana so we ran and got a taxi got him downstairs and off they went. He is better now but they are staying in Tirana for 3 days to run tests on him I guess they are just trying to be safe and check everything. It was a crazy experience but it was good having two kids who had went through an emt class even though we've forgotten most of the stuff it's good to have that base of knowledge and at least have some idea of what to do. Definitely made me want to study up when I get back and at least have a little knowledge of what to do in emergencies. Crazy what God prepares you for. That was my week. Love you all. Keep this crazy place in your prayers. Love Elder Szabo
No comments:
Post a Comment