First. We tracted into a family this week and we were talking to the wife for a little and she is Ungjillore which is Protestant in America i believe. But we were talking to the wife then her husband got home from work and then were talking to them both and just discussing doctrine and then they said either we needed to come in or leave because we were letting the hot air out so we came in after a 15 minute discussion at the door and then we talked for another hour. Basically they are really into grace and believe that once you say you have faith in Christ you are saved and that you receive the Holy Ghost just by praying for it and that there is no other scripture because of a verse in revelations that says you shouldn't add anything to this book of scripture. So we talked to them for a while and didn't really get anywhere but it was good to have a discussion and see what they believe more and they were really good people. They would have made great members. But we just talked for a while and they weren't really persuaded but they let us place a Book of Mormon so that was cool. It was frustrating because they almost believe the right things but they are wrong. They believe that actions don't save you which is true because Christ saved us but you have to repent and try to be better but they believe if you have faith that will just follow. It was very interesting and frustrating and made me want to know the scriptures more because they know they're bible. Second. The sisters tracted into some college kids and they said we could come back so we went over and knocked on the door and a kid opened and had no idea who we were but he said his friend Talked to us so he called him and he said he was coming home so the guy let us in and we talked for a little then his friends came home. There was three of them and it turns out I'd had a lesson with one of them last transfer and him and the two others are..... Ungjillore. Surprise! Ding ding ding round two!!! So we had another discussion with them but didn't have much time because we had to go to English course so we set a return appointment. Came back and only two of the three were there and the other Muslim guy. But we basically just had the same discussion and talked a lot about faith in Christ saving you verses what we believe. Didn't really go anywhere again but they said they were going to get some information on us then we could meet again I doubt it will happen. It was just interesting that twice in the same week we had lessons with two different ungjillore groups. They are very frustrating because we know we're right and they think they're right because fo what the bible says which they do have a kind of valid point because of how some scriptures are phrased but still it was just interesting. I never really got exposed to other religions before this. But i'm getting A LOT here. Catholics Muslims and Protestants OH MY!
Next item on the list. The water went for two days this week. I know what you're thinking when I said that oh he lives in Albania it's the poorest country in Europe so peoples water just goes out sometimes in their apartments. Usually you would be right but this time it turns out that the water was out in the entire city. Read that sentence again and let it settle in......... Ok you understand now? YES THE WATER WAS OUT IN THE ENTIRE CITY! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!!! I guess the city was working on some machines or something so the water was out in our entire city for two days. It was ridiculous. Only in Albania. It was very interesting being out of water. You don't realize how much you use it until it's gone. Plus random fact but you shouldn't drink tap water here it has heavy metals and other stuff in so we all have filters in our house. It was an interesting couple of days. They say you learn stuff on you mission but I never thought I would have got to experience that! Turns out I made the right decision to come out here. haha.
We had zone conference this week but it was with all the missionaries in Albania so everyone but the Kosovo and Macedonia missionaries. I really hope I go to Kosovo after I serve here. There or Tirana are the only places I have a desire to serve in. Which means i'll probably go super south and never Serve there but we'll see. I hope to stay here for another 5 months and kill my comp. Mainly because I like him so much. anyways mission conference. It was pretty standard. Amazing as usual but there was a "special training" that no one knew what it was and the thing was 8 hours long which is unusual for a zone conference but we had all the dying missionaries testimonies then lunch then some more testimonies and then president gave his training then we had the special training which was We watched the Meet the Mormons film. The whole thing. It is coming to Europe in may and we will be showing it here. It felt super Kote though. I watched a movie for an hour. Being a missionary makes you feel like if you're not doing something productive or missionary work all the time you feel super kote or at least that's how I feel. IT's like any free second should be focused and doing something. But the movie was really good! I hope it opened peoples eyes about who we are and that we're normal people who have the truth and get more blessings from God..... uh hum. Anyways. So Thursday we were in Tirana all day for that.
There are a couple potential people we have had lessons with that hopefully will be on baptismal dates this week so i'll update you about that next week. The weather here. Don't stop reading I know the weather is boring but it has been stormy for the last three days straight it's been raining hard off and on and we get lightning occasionally. IT'S AWESOME. I love storms and we even got some hail last night. It's been a little chilly but nothing terrible. The only down side is that rain prishes missionary work. People in Albania are dumb about rain and don't come to things and we can't street contact. We have been tracting a lot lately. Tracting. I'm an 18 year old kid 8000 miles away from home knocking on random strangers doors and trying to let them let me come in and talk to them. Weird. Oh and they don't speak English here. My language is decent at least my understanding is. I would say i'm about 80% understanding. It's weird sometimes to realize I understood everything you just said and it wasn't English. I'm still garbage at speaking but hopefully that will come with time. #giftoftongues. There's so much more I could say but I'll leave it at that.
This gospel is important. It's the most important thing in your life. It's more important than your favorite tv show, it's more important than your job, it's more important than who won the superbowl. If you don't know why it's important. I plead beg ask demand you to go and find out. Search the scriptures. Those precious words of a loving God. Search them and ponder them then get on your knees and ask if this church is true. If God lives and if the Book of Mormon is his words for you. After you receive your answer GO FORTH in greatness. Magnify your calling. I don't care if you teach primary or are the stake president. Make your calling and the church important. Never pass up an opportunity to serve in the church. Home teaching, visiting teaching. Magnify everything you do in the church. It comes from God and nothing is more important. Come to know your Heavenly Father and Do everything you can to build his kingdom. If it's not a priority in your life. Make it a priority. If you put God first he will put you first. Don't forget it. I love you all. Elder Szabo
No comments:
Post a Comment