Elder Szabo
Monday, July 6, 2015
Farmers Tan
People of AMERICA!!!! This week flew by as usual but I feel like I haven't written in weeks. I apologize now the z and y are switched on this keyboard and the ´ is in a weird spot so it might be a little messy. ELBASAN! It is extremely hot here and the humidity is absolutely lovely this time of year! They say this is the hottest city in the mission and Its earning its reputation. It is a lot smaller than Tirana which the big city boy in me will miss but its a good city the only problem is no one is outside from the hours of 2-5 so its hard to go talk to people when no one is outside. People are weird here and nap in the middle of the day and then hide inside until it cools down. The branch has kind of been dying lately and church attendance has really dropped due to summer and people kind of falling away. We have had about 50 the last couple weeks and we have a goal to double that and get 100 by the end of the transfer so yet again we are really going hard on less actives this transfer which means a lot of walking around trying to find people and bring them back. We have our own building here which is really cool but the problem is it is about 15 minutes walking outside the city which makes it an easy excuse more people to not come especially with the heat. We had 53 in church which is about what I was getting in 1st WARD. Another big thing we want this transfer is to make this branch a ward which is completely based off of Active full tithe paying melkezidek (wow Albanian messes with you) priesthood holders. I really think we can do it but its going to take some hard work. Which brings me to my new comp. Honestly he bugs the crap out me sometimes (a lot) but we get along pretty well and wont have any problems. I'm currently sharpening the knife as he is in his dying transfer and he is still working pretty hard so as long as he keeps that up we wont have any problems. and let me tell you no one is dying hard on Elder Szabos watch. Ironically I'm going to complain about the big thing that bugs me about him is he complains all the time. About the heat, about walking etc. Just little constant comments and it really bothers me. We get along great though and I'm having a good time making dying jokes with him. He got his call today asking what airport he wants to fly home to. Off topic but I think I am going to be here for a good 4-6 months. I am going to kill him here and I don't think they will white wash my area so I will be here for a while and i think i am going to train next transfer. It'll be interesting to see how the next year plays out. I'm excited and ready to do some work in this area. A quick experience from this week we were teaching a little mission prep to some youth and I asked them when they knew the book of mormon was true and when the three of them were done one girl said what about you? Hit me really hard because honestly I didn't gain a true testimony until i came out here. I grew up in the church for 18 years and when i got out here and got a real testimony I realized that I hadn't reallz had one all that time. Crazy how it took me coming out here and preaching it everyday to really know. I mean I knew before sure It was around me for all that time and I went to church and seminary and all that jazz but it had no meaning for me. I didn't have a WHY behind my attendance. It was i know its right and i should more than a personal testimony of it. Since being out here I believe I have truly become converted to Jesus Christ and his gospel and pray everyday i wont fall away because I know what it means and that we need to sacrifice everything for this. There is a quote by Joseph Smith that says a religion that doesn´t ask the sacrifice of all things will never have the power to produce the faith in order for salvation. We must find out its true for ourselves and after that we have to give everything we have to get back to God through his son. There is nothing more important in this world then getting back to God. That's why we are here and that's the reason behind every breath we take every word we say every decision leads us on our path and it should be leading us straight back to him. Once we know we cant look back but have to run until we hit the finish line and look up at God and say i gave it my all I served with all my might mind heart and strength. I made mistakes but I gave it all to you Father. I testify to you that the purpose of this life is to become better people and have joy while we do it so that we can have all the Father has in the end. Put away all the distractions and remember whats important people. Remember your eternal destiny and GO FORTH achieving greatness along the way. God expects all of you and you must give it to him. Every day is a new day to learn more to become more to be more to do more but we must take advantage of it. GO FORTH and climb the mountain back to your YOUR Eternal Father in Heaven with the help of his Son. Jesus is the Christ. You have a Father in Heaven and they are on your side. Keep his commandments and use the atonement when you don't quite make it. Remember the important things in life and be willing to sacrifice what isn't. I love you all. Have an incredible week. Maybe the best one of your life. Its in your hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment