Monday, June 29, 2015

AHHHH FREAK OUT. Hump day!

If you didn't just sing that first part I don't know. Transfers happened again. Weird how they do that every couple of months. As expected they killed our area as we are losing 10 elders and getting 0 this transfer so some areas had to die. They are keeping the house open so senior couples can use it occasionally. My companion is going to 4th ward and white washing the area so he's staying in Tirana. Not that this matters to you guys very much but Elder Greener in my group got made the AP which no one really saw coming. They were all joking it was going to be me. He's going to do great though. AP is hard work. I think I covered all the important points of transfers.... Oh and I'm going to Elbasan! with Elder Eliason. He is starting his dying transfer. Which means i'm going to run him into the ground and we are going to work SOOOOOOOOO HARD. I'm excited and I don't think he knows whats going to hit him. :D I haven't served around him at all just heard about him from other missionaries so it'll be interesting. First couple weeks are always weird because you're adjusting to being with someone literally all day and you can't run away. I'm excited though I've heard a lot of good things about the city and the branch and it's super close to being a ward so that's happening while I'm there. It'll be interesting because they killed an area so it's just 2 elders 2 sisters and the sister just got done training and is now training. Happens all the time in our mission because we have so few sisters. Elbasan also happens to be the hottest city and has the worst water so don't drink the water!!! It'll be weird coming home when you can drink out of the tap again and you can drink water restaurants give you. Oh Albania. So many weird things about this country. You never know in this mission but I think I'm going to be in Elbasan for a while because if I kill Elder Eliason I'll probably stay for another mini or 3 months but we'll see. Also referring to the subject line it is my hump day today. In my mission it's weird because they cut off a month so you have you're you die in one year mark then your actual year mark then your year in country mark. This is my you die in one year mark so Let your countdowns begin after today. This week has been a very slow one because my companion has been sick over the last days and we've been inside the majority of the time. It wasn't as bad as last time because we got out of the house for a couple lessons and Saturday we did a service project helping some less actives paint their house and had an open house for our church but we were still inside a lot and it sucked. I know it's necessary because they need to get better but I start going crazy when we stay inside. I just clean and read and listen to talks and try not to go crazy. It was a bad way to end the transfer but he needed to get better so what do you do. After a transfer of no work it was a good break for him. ha. I was reminded by someone that I was writing that I used to be a very ungrateful negative person and it made me really sad I wasted so much time being that way. I'd like to say I have a pretty good attitude now and try to look at things for the positive. I hope to become better everyday and really view things with a great attitude. Life flows a lot better when you do. Also just a fun fact for you there used to be three points to the optimal human and now there is five... (had a lot of time to think this week) It was PHYSICAL MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL before and now SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL have been added. In few words social is your ability to communicate with people and how you interact with them and emotional is being in control of your emotions  and having them balanced as well as being happy and grateful. I made a diagram and everything. really exciting. So now you have to try to improve all five points everyday not just 3 to become an optimal human being. Let the human optimalalization process begin!!!!! GO FORTH becoming better everyday. I'm probably going to write a book about this one day so be excited for that.  I'll have a lot more exciting news next week with the move and new comp and city. I love you all. Keep improving and becoming better human beings. Keep climbing the mountain and learn through your trials. and read your scriptures everyday! It's the iron rod people! You can't make it without it! So hold on tight and don't let go. Continue on and have the best week of your entire life. Elder Szabo

No comments:

Post a Comment