Monday, June 1, 2015

The Time is Far Spent.

Hey I have literally no time to write you this week... Less than last week. My comp decided to accidentally sleep a little longer today and we have about 20 minutes to get all of internet done. All I have to say is i'm doing great... Still have no work besides one man who is on a baptismal date but didn't come to church sunday but we are meeting with him everyday. Doing lots of finding and we are starting english course this thursday. Elder Eddings redid the flyers and they look really good. Hopfully more people will come or we will stop doing it. I realized this week that we need to hold on to recent converts more by helping them get a connection with the ward so we are really going to try to push for when investigators come to sac meeting that they talk to as many members as they can so they can have a tie with the members and not the missionaries. I found out we have about 400 members or more and about 50 60 are currently coming.... Not good. As district leader I really want to push this and help more people stay in the gospel. President Hinkly has a quote that basically says if they don't stay after they are baptized missionary work is Kotë. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and really want to get the ward more involved with us. We have no connection and we finally got ward correlation with our inactive ward mission leader who is coming back to activity and are going to start having ward council regularly. Things are going to happen soon. Also gave a training about teaching people so they understand that the gospel is forever not just baptism because often we forget to stress what happens after as much as baptism. Temple and enduring to the end are just as important as baptism and are never stressed. MIssionaries are all about baptisms baptisms baptisms and we lose too many people because of it. Remember every single member of this church is a missionary not just the ones with a calling they just do it full time. If you're not trying to actively find missionary opporunities you're missing out on a big part of membership in this chruch,. I love you all! I didn't have a time to read any of your letters so i will respond next week. Elder Szabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment