Alright this week.... Still have no work and did a lot of finding. We actually are making some progress with some less actives and were able to meet with three. Two families and one man. Every night we just call every member we have in our phone until we set up some amls or a less active lesson. It's exciting because a lot of them don't exist and we have a fun time with it. I hope we can bring a lot of them back. We only have two weeks left in the transfer and I think they are going to kill my area because we're losing 8 elders this transfer and not getting replacements so they are going to have to reduce a little in our mission. Our mission is tiny. We have about 70 missionaries including our 4 or 5 senior couples and we have like 15 sisters. That's for 3 countries! :O granted they are tiny little countries but still sounds cool I have three countries in my mission. Honestly not too much to report this week. I feel like I have less and less to say every week... If I eventually stop writing family you'll know why.... ha ha ha Mom don't look at me like that! it was a joke! Honestly though the longer you get out here the more this just becomes normal and there seems to be less and less to say. District leadering is going well. I decided to try to be a better one this week and be more involved with the people in my district and know their work better. Always walking that line of not counseling sisters but helping them and watching out for them. Everyone in my group here in Tirana thinks I'm going AP next... We'll see what happens. There is somethings in my setting apart blessing that makes me think I could go at some point but I will be content living out my mission as a normal missionary grinding away everyday. I decided i want to go to every city in the mission for three months for the rest of my mission so i hope the Lord's will and mine align..... I think it'd be cool to have gone to every city. I actually had some time to write today and I'm at a loss for words.... Just that not too much has happened. I did go on an exchange with Elder Greener this week because We had that stake choir and our companions went to Vlorë and we stayed because they were in the special talented missionary choir. We get along very well and have the same opinions on missionary work and life and it was good to spend some time with him. I hope I can serve with him some day. We may or may not have stayed up a little late talking but we were in bed so I'm not a terrible missionary! We just kept talking and talking about stuff and finally realized how late it was and went to sleep. I was in Fourth Ward with him and it was interesting to see how another ward is run and what the sacrament meeting was like. It was really good though. We got a new little initiative in our mission on how we are setting goals because before it was that the zone leaders would set goals then the district leaders then the missionaries after that. but now it's the missionaries set their own goals then the district leaders and then the zone leaders and it's putting a big emphasis on them actually being inspired realistic and goals that push you. I think it's going to help a lot with goals that actually help us and learning to set goals for life in general.
I've learned a lot just thinking about what the purpose of goals are in general and it's helped a lot and it's really helping the missionaries set goals instead of receiving quotas. No one cares about a goal they aren't passionate about and usually if someone else gives it to you you don't care about it. Set goals for you life people no matter how old you are! Decide where you want to go and who you want to be and if you're not there yet set goals and GO FORTH and achieve greatness! I'm sick of mediocrity in our lives. The willingness to live below our potentials. The excuses that hold us back from being great physically, mentally, and spiritually. I don't care who you are or how old you are you should have a goal and a plan for all three of those categories. You aren't working out? Start today! You aren't in school? Read a book and expand your knowledge. Learning doesn't only happen in schools people and shouldn't end when you step out of structured education. Aren't spiritually where you want to be? Start reading your scriptures and building your faith little by little and day by day. Verse by verse and prayer by prayer you will become an incredible human being. Stop making excuses or pushing it off until tomorrow. If you aren't improving your not fulfilling your divine potential. So get off the couch, turn off the tv and open a book or go for a run. It's up to you who you become and how great you can become. Set goals and GO FORTH! I don't accept your mediocrity or weakness. It's time for change and it's time for a new human being striving for greatness in every aspect of their lives. It's up to you now. Who will you become? Don't let me down. Elder Szabo
No comments:
Post a Comment