Monday, June 8, 2015

Men are that they might have joy

Elder Szabo is that he might achieve greatness! A huge blessing about having no investigators is that you really get to work on yourself. I have learned so much in the little time I've been here and am a new creature. I am still without work. We had a man named Halin on a baptismal date but we didn't come to church two weeks ago and then didn't answer our calls for a week then last saturday we ran into him and set up a lesson and he prished and said he would come to church but ddn't show up so we don't really know what to expect from that. Elder Eddings and I set goals for the next month and are decided to do all the little things and try to be exactly obedient so we can be more blessed. I started writing in my journal every night because it says we should but i've really come to love it. It's great to write down all the great thoughts and impressions you've had. I"m not a big this is what i did today writer so I write lessons i've learned or things like that. Usually in our zones we receive goals from the zone leaders and we base our goals off of that but they decided to change it so that each companionship makes their own goals then the zone leaders make goals based off of the comps goals. So it goes from the bottom up instead of the top down and it's such a better way to do it because a lot of times people will just set goals because they were told to or not really care about the goals because they don't mean anything to them this way allows people to actually set their own goals and really council with the Lord. We had a district leader training on how they still need to be realistic but pushing yourself and it's taught me a lot about setting good goals which I feel is a good life skill. The things you learn on your mission! Who would have known! I found out a couple weeks ago that we have about 400 members in our ward and we are currently pulling about 50 people in church every week. We have this giant list of members and we've been trying to call them but a ton of the numbers don't exist or they answer and say they are busy and have no interest. I don't understand how so many people can just walk away from the church and some of them have the preisthood and are endowed. I don't understand but we are trying to find them and help them come back. Problem. Albania doesn't have an address system. The addresses are literally just roads and pallat numbers which could be any pallat on that road. It's imposssible to find anybody because all we have is the street which sometimes isn't right. It's frustrating but we are doing our best. Not much else to report on. I'm doing a lot of tracting and street contacting as usual. MY COMP LOVES STAIRS. :) We're pushing forward. Long days and the weather is hot here! Humidity is not my favorite thing but i'm learning to love sweating. When you're standing contacting and you feel it start dripping down your back oh boy you know it's going to be a good day. :D haha I love missioary work it just gets a little long sometimes. All in the Lord's time. We're having a staring contest right now and he thinks he can win! I will never lose faith!!!! :) I'm also going crazy... I apologize. I love you all. Remember how important the gospel is and that their is nothing better or more important you could be doing. You're Albanian missionary. (it's weird here.) Elder Szabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment