Monday, August 17, 2015

Not what I asked for.....

Hello. I guess I can explain my subject line before I tell you about my week. All I can say is God works in mysterious ways. As you know I haven't had very much work for the last 5 months and it's hard but I endure. All about building me into a better person but sometimes it's just hard and frustrating. It's been raining a lot this week and it really stormed one night so we stuck in the center for a while and then we went out and had to buy some things for dinner the next day and it was still raining and it was too late for tracking so we went in an hour early. Being myself I was very frustrated that we weren't outside working and frustrated we didn't have any work so we planned and then I just laid on the floor and was angry for a couple minutes then realized what I always preach without opposition you can't grow into a better person and trials are for your good. So I went back to being happy and prayed really hard that God would open the flood gates and give me everything he had. Give me the trials that will make me the best person I can be when I go home from this mission. Don't hold anything back Lord give me trials and opposition here so I can grow. A scary prayer I know but I was ready at the moment. Unfortunately I forget that the trials and opposition I had in mind aren't always what God has in mind. Often we pray for things expecting one course of action to happen and then God surprises us with one that was outside of our mind. Guess I should be more careful for what I pray for.... Guess I'll have to wait and see how God continues to answer my prayer. Fortunately I'm one of those people that loves not being in control of situations and not being able to do anything...... Oh wait.  I'm grateful for the relationship I've gained with my Father in Heaven since being out here. I've felt his love and even though he can be frustrating sometimes. I'm kind of at a loss for words right now. I'll tell you about my week. The only big thing is we went to lunch with Bill Martin. He's a peace core guy here who's a total hippy older guy. He wanted to take us to a really nice lunch since he knows we live on a budget as missionaries. Found out he's a member who left the church earlier in his life. He's a great guy and it was a great lunch. He has a outgoing loud personality and is an interesting character. Good to talk with him and have lunch. Other than that we've been in a nice little weather cycle it's been pretty warm during the day and then about 5 or 6 a storm rolls in. Good storms. Rain lightning thunder the whole nine yards. I love storms but they really prish missionary work. (not that we really have any but you can't street contact when it's raining) Oh and we had an activity with the youth this week. We went to a mountain close to the city and played soccer and had a little fire and a spiritual thought. It was really good but got cut short by the rain. All in all a success. The sisters had another baptism this week. We have efy this week in Albania which only happens every two years it's a great opportunity for the youth to all get together and you can't go wrong with efy (yes parents you just read that right) It's good but almost all of our youth are gone for the week which means less work and can't do things with them. We're also going to Shkodër on Wednesday for a service project. Going back to my birthplace. I might have a panic attack. I haven't been there for almost six months and that city is my home. Born and raised in that beautiful place. I'll let you know how that goes. I love you all. Have a great week. Maybe even the best one ever. Elder Szabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment