Monday, August 31, 2015
SUPRISE!!!
Wait it's not my birthday.... So I was praying Saturday night about to go to bed and the phone rings and guess who it is....? President Weidmann. I answer he casually asks me about my day then says "Elder Szabo you are getting transferred. You will be serving in Tirana 3rd ward with Elder Shramm....." WHAT! TRANSFERS AREN'T FOR ANOTHER MONTH! I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE FOR TWO MONTHS. WHAT! Turns out I'm getting transferred... So we have three countries in our mission and one of them is Macedonia where they speak Macedonian. They don't have very many missionaries and there is only one city open so they stay in the same place with only a couple different companions their whole mission. So occasionally for legal and these other reasons president pulls them into Albania or Kosovo for a month. The one that was here just left so guess I pulled the straw and will be filling his spot. Because that's how we get transfers... President pulls names out of a hat. Always did have bad luck. So on Tuesday instead of getting our third companion I will be staying in Tirana and OUR! third companion who is now just my companions new companion will be coming to Elbasan. After all this time and the multiple times almost getting companion it's not even happening now. At least for me. I'm honestly not super excited because I've been here so short a time and this month was when everything was supposed to start falling into place and start happening. Plus I was just planning on putting a knife in my companion and killing him at the end of this month. ( if you're worried about me after that last comment please locate your nearest return missionary and ask what "killing" a missionary means.) It was just super unexpected and not really what I had planned at all. Plus I really like it here and have gotten close to the youth and the ward. Two months is such a short time in an area. This is what you get when you ask God to give you everything he's got to make you a better person. He throws a mean curve ball... With all that said I am grateful that i'm going back to Tirana because I love the big city and change always leads to growth so it'll be a good experience. Sometimes you pray for things and get a picture of what they will be in your head and say give me this then God gives you what you asked for just not what you pictured and you end up saying WHAT?! but he knows whats best he leans over to an angel and says who could have possibly seen that coming? Then they both look at either and laugh then they high five and I get back to work overcoming the next thing he gave me. It'll be exciting especially because I don't think I'll be staying in 3rd ward at the next transfer either. Guess we'll see. Other than that the only exciting thing is that we taught 2nd and 3rd hour of church this week. We asked to teach second hour because we wanted to give a special lesson on how to give a talk because people are really bad at it here. They just read for 5 minutes then give a testimony and end and it makes a big difference about bringing the spirit when they actually give a good talk. So we planned on that then found out our branch president was going on vacation and it was fifth Sunday which was combined with everyone which he's supposed to teach so guess who gets to teach it instead. You guessed it the missionaries!!! We gave that one on member missionary work and how we need to invite others and how it's all of our responsibility to share not just missionaries. They both went pretty good. I don't think i'll ever be worried about giving a talk or lesson again in church. We get put on the spot so much and are asked to teach so much not to mention it's all in Albanian (a foreign language I've only been learning for a year) when I go home you could ask me to give a talk for 40 minutes 5 minutes before sacrament meeting and I could figure something else and the great thing about serving a mission is people love mission stories so when all else fails you just have to share stories and people love it. I'm set for life! I'll let you know how the whole transfer goes and how Tirana is doing next week. I love you all. Keep reading and praying and going to the temple and keeping the Sabbath day holy and keeping the word of wisdom and law of chastity and becoming more like Christ.... oh and paying your tithing that's an important one! Keep the commandments folks. It's the only way to get happiness! and We all know you want that! Keep climbing the mountain and make it the best week of your entire life. Life is too short not to smile. Plus who's going to tell you you have something in your teeth if you don't smile! :) I love you all. Elder Szabo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment