Monday, November 16, 2015

I thought I knew what I was doing....

FAMILY! It was a crazy week. First week as a ZL and it was a crazy first week and the first we did when we got here was learn how to rassle the portable font we have. We had to learn how to drain it the best way and it took us a bit which was good because we had to fill it and empty it again for a baptism from Berat. We just had a lot of stuff this week that made it seem like we did absolutely nothing and were just doing business stuff all week but at the end of the week we realized that we actually did some stuff and we had a really good end of the week. At the beginning of the week I was not excited about being here and about being zone leader. IT's just a lot different here and it's a smaller city and I got used to Tirana where there are people out all the time and we drive A LOT. and I hate it but by the end of the week I have come to love it and am excited to see what the future holds. My comp and I get along really really well. We just joke around all day and spend half of it saying we don't know how to do that and figure it out. I'm senior comp but he's senior zone leader so it's been interesting learning together. I"m excited for our time together and hope we can have an impact on this zone and on our area. Some fun thing about being zone leaders is that we have to call our district leaders every night and get a daily report everyday so when it's my phone day I don't really get to do anything at night. We have to make 4 calls every night. Good thing I learned from my mother to love talking on the phone. That just gets wiped away being a missionary and a leader. Honestly being a zone leader is not my favorite thing. I feel like I have good leadership qualities but being in charge of people gets tiring sometimes. I feel like my head is just in a thousand places all the time. Worrying about everything and everyone and thinking all the time about how we can help them and make this a great zone. This 6 months is going to fly by. I'm kind of bummed i'm ending my mission as leadership but I know this is where I need to be and I can help these people right now or else I'd be some where else. This week like I said we felt we were just running around the whole time and got nothing done and hadn't found any new investigators but saw a huge miracle at the end of the week. Literally the very end. We hadn't found any but I contacted a guy in the street and he said he lives in a village that neither of us had heard of so going out there was a gamble because we could waste 30 minutes just driving out there and he could not even have desire so we called multiple times to make sure we could come and he kept saying yes so last night at 7 we had our lesson planned so we drive out there and after making a couple wrong turns get out there and we found his house and we said hi and he seemed really cool so we were happy it was worth it then we go inside and we count 1 2 3 4 5 6 people in the house. There was Dritan the man I contacted his wife their daughter, his mother, his wifes sister and here daughter. So we get even more excited then have the lesson and it goes super well and they didn't understand everything fully but understood that they needed to read and pray and then come to the end and we try to set up a follow up appointment and..... TUESDAY AT SIX! They all said they would be there. 6 NEW INVESTIGATORS SUNDAY NIGHT AT 8 O CLOCK! So we end get in the makine start driving away and we both lost it and freaked out. First of all we were both raised in Shkoder so 6 new investigators in general is just amazing and then put them all into one lesson at the end of the week. We were excited. It was exactly what we needed to end our crazy week and it was such a great blessing to see. We are meeting with them tomorrow so you will hear all about them next week. I"m really excited to see what the next 6 months lay in store. I love my comp. I love the area and it seems like a lot of good things are going to happen. I'm excited and it seems like the time just gets faster and faster. I'm at that point where honestly life before the mission just seems like a weird dream and like I've been here my whole life. If you're served a mission you know what i'm talking about. this just feels like my normal and the time is flying. No wonder missionaries are so weird when they get home! I love this mission and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's changed my life and the path of my life. I'm firmly planted in the gospel and have gained a testimony. I hope you all have done the same and know what a blessing this gospel and church are. Try preaching it 24 7 and you'll get a feel for it's importance. I love you all. Have a fantastic week. Smile and laugh a little. Life is beautiful. Elder Szabo 




No comments:

Post a Comment