Monday, November 23, 2015

Welcome to Being a Zone Leader.

Hey family we came to Berat to go the castle and practice our skit and then had to do some baptismal interviews here and have to do another one and six and the APs are going to call me any minute to do our weekly call in report. We just got to internet and I couldn't write this morning because I had to do numbers. So I will write until they call. This week flew by. It really felt like we didn't do anything because it's all just a blur. Bad news our six investigators super amazing family we taught.... We went back for the second lesson and at the end he told us that he was going to Italy for work and he'd call us when he got back so that was a little bit of a bummer....... Just got off the phone with Elder Greener. ha He called right after i wrote that sentence. We talk for about 30 minutes about the zone the numbers any problems we see. It's good. Interesting to see how God works through leadership in his church. It's a great system for assuring success and watching over people. God is all about accountability. But my week was pretty good. We have been working with a man and he just wasn't really understanding. He reads the scriptures and comes to church but didn't really understand the importance and the restoration. This week he really came a long way and doesn't understand fully but has a lot better understanding and actually progressed this week so that was really good. We are all about Sunday Night Miracles. Are first one was the 6 new investigators then this week it was Agron the man that wasn't understanding and a new investigator we got and he accepted a baptismal date. We had 3 first lessons set up and we were pretty confident about the first 2 but the last one we didn't think he would come so we went tracting for a little then went back to the church and called the first guy... Said he couldnt' make it talk next week then we called the other guy and he said he couldn't make it either so we decided none were coming so we went out again and started tracting and right at 6 we got a call from the 3rd lesson and he said he was waiting at the church. We were a little surprised and excited so we ran to our makine and hurried to the church and we had a really good lesson with him. The Lord works in mysterious ways. It was another good end to the week. We went to Agrons right after and he accepted a baptismal date as well. Then It was my turn this week to call all the district leaders and get numbers so that was good. We are doing pretty well as a zone and we are both learning as we go but I feel like we are doing really good. It's starting to get weird because i'm starting to become one of the older missionaries and It seems like I just got here. I'm the second oldest missionary in my district and it blows my mind. (oldest time wise not age wise.) This week we have a super exchange with Fier because they are really struggling. Super exchange means instead of one going into the area we are both going and switching around with the Elders there and spending a whole day in their area. Then we have mission conference/Thanksgiving Thursday. and a baptism Saturday... So it's another busy week but we are hoping we can still get some work done and the Fier thing is our work so we are really hoping it goes well. Elder Crandall and I are doing extremely well... We ask ourselves multiple times a day whose idea it was to put us together. We are a hoot. We just joke around all the time and we both have really deep voices and do a lot of different voices and just crack jokes. We are having a blast and trying to do something for this zone at the same time. I'm still not a huge fan of Lushnje. Tirana is my city but it's a great place and we are going to do great things here. Hold on tight because I got 6 more months of this!!! It's going to be really good. Despite not sleeping at all last night I am in a great mood and love being a missionary. I wouldn't trade this for anything. I love you all. Have a great week! Elder Szabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment