Update on the work.... Nothing. We haven't found anyone yet. We had a lesson with one super solid guy this week but haven't been able to meet with him since. Hopefully he can meet again and then the other investigators that were being taught came to the baptism so we got to meet them but other than that they are super busy and can never meet. So the search continues. If there is one thing I have done on my mission it is street contact. In the morning in the afternoon at night. Guess God didn't trust me to teach anyone so he thought i'd be safe on the road and he'd leave the baptizing to the other missionaries haha. Interesting to see how each persons mission is for them and what they need to learn. Mine was humility :)
Update on the comp..... I realized somethings about myself and about him this week. I have learned and changed a lot on this mission. He does things and it reminds me of a year ago when I was with Elder Asler and how I react shows me that I've matured and changed a lot. We get along great but we do things very differently and i'm kind of done trying to convince people to do things the way I do them so I just let him do whatever and go with it. Mostly because I'm old and tired and just don't really care anymore. Example. Yesterday after district lunch which we spend a lot of time at talking to the other missionaries we got home to drop our stuff off and then I was ready to leave again... didn't even close the door but my comp sat on the couch and I thought it'd be for a little turned out he needed a 3 hour nap until the end of the work day so I sat down and studied for 3 hours. I am almost done with D&C... Things like that. A year ago I would have gotten super upset and told him he needs to be more obedient and work harder. Now I just let him do him I do me and it's all good. If he wants to waste his time and not work super hard that's his decision. I can't do anything to change it and worrying about it doesn't do anything. So we get along super great he's just not super fired to go out and work and our area is dead (which I have no experience with) and he says he's tired all the time(no idea how he feels). I hope this comes off in the right light. Great kid, hard worker, and good missionary. We just do things differently and he isn't super excited to go out and find. Which is supposed to be my job. I'm the one dying!! I'm learning a lot and God is showing me how much I've learned over the last couple years so i'm really grateful for it even though it's not the way i'd choose to end. I've gotten along really great with all my past couple comps so little wrench in the works for the end.
I love you all. Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment